The lock down in an unprecedented incident. Many at this point are struggling to make sense of how to deal with it. Please know that you are not alone in this struggle. With that said, what can be done to make the most of this time? Here are some tips that may help in managing the stress of it:
1. Create a schedule. Instead of trying to fill your day with distractions, try and create a routine. Fix a time to wake up and sleep, eat, bathe.
3. if you are on a work from home set the time when you will be working.
4. If there are things you'd like to do through the day that are important but you are procrastinating, then make a plan each night before you sleep. Make a note of at least one task that you will do and the time for it as well for the next day. This way you will wake up the next day with a purpose which is vital.
5. Try and alter your perspective. While this is not the most ideal, try and make a note of what has been good about this lockdown for you. Try and create a gratitude journal. This will allow you to focus on more positive things instead of mulling over the negative.
6. Keep essentials that you may need but avoid hoarding.
7. Reach out to friends and family. Seek for support by staying in touch with others.
The expert has suggested all the major points, but to further add I would just like to give a perspective, our daily lives are about juggling between so many tasks and amid so many people, most of us even when we plan a vacation are still making itenaries that are jam packed, with this lockdown, though household chores are there yet time has as if slowed down, hours seem to be long, and news usually is saddening so things seem bleak but most of all we have to face another thing which we aren't used to that is "being by ourselves", which brings our attention to all those things we were either running from or realise how crucial it is to work on them, but then it seems as if we deadlocked and stuck. But you know what our mind is such a capable engine that it can make us believe ive in almost anything, but it needs feedback to process and build up on anything, being by yourself you are just stuck in thinking you aren't doing anything, as if you are paralyzed but in fact are you?? You are used to solving complex problems and issues and right now there seems to be none, cause your life at home is now so simple that it's getting harder to accept that as well, so one way to break the loop is giving yourself feedback that you indeed are powerful by not only structuring your day, but making sure you do the following:
1. The moment you get up yes make your bed(see the famous vedio on same on youtube and you wil get it) that's a reinforcment that one task done.
2. Spend some time in daylight, that itself will brighten your mood a bit.
3. Use the household chores as the new cardio and if possible do workout(at most you will just end up being more fitter) cause we here need the mood boaster dopamine to do it's work.
4. Feelings are just biological feedbacks, if you feel low, question your emotions everytime as if you are questioning yourself in third person, that why do I feel the way I do?? Cause the moment you kill the ambiguity air to your emotions, you realise that indeed feeling and emotions are not be trusted cent percent but should be subjected to questioning.
5. Last but not the least, reach out to your tribe, talk randomly but do, vedio calls itself will give you a reassurance that nobody is out of reach. Also, even if you don't do anything its okay to grieve over lost time, if you feel vulnerable then remember in moments of vulnerabilities, you realise the greatest strengths you possess. A shift in perspective again is not a destination but a process and no rush, cause you have all the time in the world, all you need to do is believe.
DISCLAIMER:- Nature of all the advices provided on this platform including Expert’s are for general information only because complete detailed clinical work up of individual not done. These advices in their all aspects are not substitute for Professional Medical Consultation and are not valid for MLC (Medico-Legal cases). All individuals are advised to consult nearest specialists.
I was very grumpy about having to be home and constantly complained about the situation as well! Something that worked for me was of course ALL of the above mentioned...alongside I also started to tell myself that yeah it might suck being at home and stuff like that but you're actually saving lives by just being home.
You're not being asked to do anything, but be home. It might seem like going out is harmless at this point but think of it like a war outside.. Because it really is. So many did venture outside and are actually struggling for their lives today. Hence, just be patient. This too shall pass. Remember, it could always be worse. We're all with you in this!
Try doing some meditation and make some other hobbies which could get you through this tough times like watching movie or a tv series. Doing exercise could also help.